Sunday, September 13, 2015

Les Miserables

I find that there's something so exciting, so thrilling, about going to the theatre and watching amazing talent sing, dance and act their way into the audience's hearts.


Of course, The Lion King remains firmly in my favourite ever theatre production spot (coveted position I know hehe) but I'd have to say Les Mis and its enchanting songs really moved me and made me crave an encore performance.

Les Mis is currently on in its final weeks at The Capitol Theatre in Sydney, and so armed with some very Les Mis-savvy friends, I finally went to see the performance. And my oh my I loved it!


I haven't actually watched the movie yet (it's on my to-do list I swear!) and so I wasn't expecting anything in particular. While I loved the musical live, my companions all agreed that the movie was better. But hey, critics, right!

Not only are the performances thrilling and break the fourth wall to really connect with audiences, but the sets are absolutely incredible, with fascinating characters and the plot captivatingly from sad to hilarious to heartfelt.

A definite must-do in Sydney, before it ends.

p.s. not sponsored

No comments:

Post a Comment